INCRIFY Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all website development, design and other services provided by Incrify to the Client.
Our terms for projects are described here. Please note that sometimes a more extensive contract would be agreed. Yet, this page should give you an idea of the terms between us. The terms are primarily for all projects and also include web hosting and domain names.
Before the Work Starts
1. A specification is agreed before any work on a project starts. This will be decided together and will be determined before a price is given for the project. If we provide you with a figure for work before a full specification is provided, this is only an estimate. The price may change when the full specification is described. A full specification would normally need all website content to be provided and the functionality agreed.
2. After a specification is agreed, a price and estimated start and completion date will be provided to the client (providing deposits are paid on time).
Payments and Deposit
1. After a price is agreed, a 50% deposit will be invoiced; it must be paid and cleared by the Incrify bank account before any work starts.
2. The remaining 50% will be invoiced after our involvement in the project is complete, regardless of the involvement of other parties. The final payment of 50% must be paid within 5 working days (as specified on invoices) of our involvement in the project being complete.
3. The deposit is only refundable if no work starts.
4. If, at any stage, you want to terminate the agreement or are not happy with the direction of our work – you will pay us in full for the time we’ve spent working with you until that point. We will then agree to terminate the project.
1. We will make every effort to meet the agreed completion date. Sometimes, circumstances change and if for any reason we cannot meet the agreed completion date we will endeavour to notify you in plenty of time.
2. Any requests for extra work or changes to the project must be supplied in writing (for example, by email).
3. Requests for extra work or changes to the project specification after the specification is agreed, or are requested after the project has started, will affect the agreed completion date and agreed price. Any requests for extra work or changes to the project will be quoted for and, if agreed, will be invoiced in advance as an interim payment.
4. If, for whatever reason, the client would like to move the completion date to an earlier time than agreed, a “rush fee” will apply, although this will be agreed before the rush work is started.
5. In addition to testing and checks that we carry out, it is the client’s responsibility to check over the finished project.
1. We build the website to follow current web standards (within the agreed specification and budget). It will be tested to support the latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome. If you need further browser support, this should be discussed at the start of the project and can be included in the original quote and price.
2. We test the site on Windows and Mac platforms.
3. If the site specification includes a mobile device friendly design (a responsive design), we will test the website on Android smartphone, tablet, and an Apple iOS device. Other testing can be arranged but will add to the costs.
Web Hosting Costs
1. Web hosting is payable yearly in advance or monthly by standing order. You must notify us by email to cancel. No refunds are given if hosting is cancelled.
2. Web hosting accounts will be suspended a week after the invoice is due if payment has not been received. This means that a website won’t be visible to visitors. It can be restored on full payment of the invoice.
1. Domain names are purchased on your behalf and you own the name.
1. We ask for payment within 5 days for completed web design projects.
2. We are VAT registered.
1. Training – For websites with administrative control panels or content management systems, two (2) one-hour training sessions will be provided.
2. Technical Support – We offer local and long-distance phone support to our clients. We do not normally bill for technical support depending on the source of the problem, its severity, and our time invested. If 3. Shortgrass is not the source of the problem, technical support may be billable.
3. Copyright – The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphic logos provided by the Client, and grants Incrify the rights to publish and use such material. The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. The Client is further responsible for granting Incrify permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to identify and hold Incrify from any and all claims resulting from the Client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions. A contract for website design and/or placement shall be regarded as a guarantee by the Client to Incrify that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained. Evidence of permissions and authorities may be requested.
4. Standard Media Delivery – Unless otherwise specified in the project quotation, this Agreement assumes that any text will be provided by the Client in electronic format and that all photographs and other graphics will be provided digitally in high quality in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .tiff format.
5. Domain Names – Incrify may purchase domain names on behalf of the Client. Payment and renewal of those domain names is the responsibility of the Client. The loss, cancellation or otherwise of the domain brought about by non or late payment is not the responsibility of Incrify. The Client should keep a record of the due dates for payment to ensure that payment is received in good time.
The Last Bit
1. Paying the first 50% deposit acts as an agreement for the above terms.
2. Paying for smaller jobs or my Website Health Check also acts as an agreement with the above.