The term, ‘marketing agency’ has taken on a new meaning thanks to the emergence of both the Internet and eCommerce as a lucrative sector. In our previous article, ‘What is a Digital Agency?’ we defined a digital agency as: a firm that specialises in the technical aspects of development and digital marketing. Now that we have an understanding of what a digital marketing agency is, in this article we’ll outline what a digital marketing agency does.
What is a Digital Marketing Agency?
For more detail, please refer to article titled: ‘What is a Digital Agency?’
Upanup defines a digital agency as: ‘a company that provides strategic direction, creative design and technical development’. Digital marketing is a broad term, to put it simply – an effective digital marketing agency should aim to:
- Increase your online presence
- Perform market research
- Integrate your online profiles and platforms
It’s important to know that a digital agency differs from a creative agency – they have opposing digital marketing strategies. The former places emphasis on the technical growth of a brand whereas the latter is a more creative driven process.
User experience takes precedence over aesthetic design. This is an important feature and also the key difference between the two types of agency. A digital agency will centre their website development on functional UX and UI – focussed on the sleek and simple to use rather than being explicitly artistic.
A digital agency still cares about the overall aesthetic and design of the brand – but their specialty lies in the technical realm. They are experts on the vast spectrum of technical IT terms; for example, those that fall under the SEO umbrella: SERPs, bounce rate and crawl budget among others. A digital agency ultimately takes this burden away from the client, so they can instead focus on the future results.
Incrify, a digital marketing agency in Dubai, are the archetypal market niche specialists. Utilizing the latest digital solutions technologies Incrify offers a wide range of products and services. As technical specialists, here are some examples of what they do:
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website design development
- Landing page optimization
- Corporate branding and logo design
What Services Do They Provide?
A digital marketing agency plays a pivotal role in the growth and development of any business looking to take the next step online. In this section, we’ll look at the various tactics a business can employ towards their digital marketing campaign by using Incrify’s listed digital marketing services as an example.
1) Digital Advertising
Social Media and Search Engine Marketing (SMM & SEM)
- Making use of the two major online cornerstones to increase both brand awareness and user engagement, and attract new customers. This is usually the first step in most digital marketing strategies.
- Using market specific social media accounts and search engine keywords to target a particular demographic.
- In the digital age, the growth of a business can rely heavily on an effective SMM and/or SEM campaign.
Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC)
- For a fee, you can advertise directly to your targeted audience on the first page of Google or on the various social media platforms.
- Effective way to bring direct traffic to your website – a successful conversion means profitable return on investment.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- The process to improve your website’s organic ranking in a search engine results page.
- Results on the first page of Google receive almost 95% of clicks.
- Examples of the SEO process include:
- Using keyword groups to structure your website.
- Setting up internal site linking.
- Creating a user friendly URL.
- Mobile compatibility and/or creating a mobile app.
- Building external links (social media, bookmarking) with off-page SEO.
- Distribute your marketing material on a massive scale.
- Draw precise and valuable metrics for your data analytics.
- Extremely cost effective – no printing, postage or advertising fees. Studies have shown that email marketing brings in $40 for every $1 spent.
2) Web Development
The benefits of a professional website design:
- First impressions are important to a new visitor.
- Convert new visitors and generate more revenue.
- Improved SEO and page ranking in SERPs.
- Necessary to stay competitive in a challenging market or niche.
- Highly skilled developers can improve accessibility.
- The page a visitors ‘lands’ on after clicking a PPC ad or similar link.
- Designed to increase conversions by directing users with CTA buttons.
- The number of digital buyers is increasing at an annual rate – an effective eShop is highly recommended and could maximize your potential revenue.
- Your eShop can attract new customers with search engine visibility.
- Economic in comparison to setting up physical brick and mortar locations.
- Fewer employees are required.
3) Corporate Branding
- A positive first impression is important to potential customers.
- A professional logo gives your business an identity and, ultimately, the foundations for building your brand.
- Your logo can be versatile – use it to market across all forms of media. An example of this is Warner Bros. using variants of their logo to suit whichever medium they’re using.
- The strategic guidelines of your business, which covers all aspects of your brand – from logo design and font regulations to requirements regarding preferred writing style. It should all be covered in your Brandbook.
- A modern necessity that makes future projects run much more smoothly.
- The original template can be easily updated or changed depending on your target audience.
Digital marketing agencies are specialists at growing brands online. Businesses new and old will always turn to the technical specialists. In only two decades, the digital marketing landscape has rapidly grown, and then transformed itself at equal speed. It isn’t slowing down either. The competitiveness of the market suggests that newer online marketing techniques and methods will continue to emerge.